Images on this blog have all been taken by me. Please e-mail me at pagus.soham@gmail.com if you wish to use any of them.

Follow this link to read about Pagus Soham and me.


Saturday 14 April 2012

Trees against the Sky

Trees can present a pretty dramatic picture when their dormant branches are viewed against the sky.

A row of oak trees lines one of the entrances to the village.

An oak tree encumbered with ivy on its trunk.

This huge maple tree's randomly contorted branches form an impressive maze.


Lime trees strive for height.

Another dramatic oak tree.

Having lived in southern Africa most of my life, where Australian eucalyptus trees are a common feature of the landscape, I find their presence in English gardens an unwanted intrusion. They are not deciduous, and this one towers mockingly above me as I will it to join so many of its species and fall down in the next high winds.