Images on this blog have all been taken by me. Please e-mail me at pagus.soham@gmail.com if you wish to use any of them.

Follow this link to read about Pagus Soham and me.


Monday 16 April 2012

Mill Lane to Riggle Street

After you pass the last of the row of houses on Mill Lane, you come to a bridleway linking it with Riggle Street (also sometimes given as Wriggle Street). There is a drainage ditch, which, after the recent rains, was full of water when I walked out that way. Primroses along its banks looked lovely, and blackthorn bushes were also in full bloom. Further along I was captivated by some lords and ladies (Arum maculatum), but more of them to come in the autumn!












Out of Riggle Street and back into the village takes me past a village eyesore. Some years ago a barn was bought for conversion, planning permission all in place ... but it seems funds ran out and the property remains in this state. I'm glad we don't live next door!