Images on this blog have all been taken by me. Please e-mail me at pagus.soham@gmail.com if you wish to use any of them.

Follow this link to read about Pagus Soham and me.


Thursday 21 June 2012

Tomatoes and runner beans

I always start tomato seedlings on a south facing windowsill in March, and they spend sunny hours outside to harden off before being planted out in their growbags. This year they had a big setback when a huge hail storm nearly wiped them out completely. But they somehow survived and are now doing well.




My runner beans fared a bit better. That is, until I planted them out in their container: every morning I find that "the invisible worm that flies in the night" has found out their bed (with apologies to William Blake). Big holes are appearing in the leaves; and worse, some of them are cut through the stem at ground level!