Images on this blog have all been taken by me. Please e-mail me at pagus.soham@gmail.com if you wish to use any of them.

Follow this link to read about Pagus Soham and me.


Monday 18 June 2012

Roses

Roses are one of my favourite summer flowers, so it is not surprising that we have many bushes in the garden. Here are three that are looking lovely at the moment. Climbing iceberg produces two incredible flushes, the first one always better than the second. We have three others in the garden, but the two climbers are planted either side of the front door, making a welcoming display through the summer. I had to include a picture of one of our two Marguerite Hilling shrub roses; and finally a beautifully fragrant coral floribunda. I'm usually very careful to make a note of the names of roses I plant, but somehow this one was left off my list, and for the life of me I can't remember what it is called, and with thousands of varieties to choose from, I think the case is hopeless now!