Images on this blog have all been taken by me. Please e-mail me at pagus.soham@gmail.com if you wish to use any of them.

Follow this link to read about Pagus Soham and me.


Saturday 11 August 2012

Mutton Lane in Late Summer

Setting off I notice the red berries of this viburnum taking on autumnal hues ...

... and a large fly basking in the sun on a hawthorn also clothed in berries.

The barley looks ready for harvesting after a rather wet summer.

The end of the lane, after which I turn around to retrace my steps back along the road.

Different varieties of knapweed provide a splash of colour ...


... and attract bumble bees.



Both knapweed and great willowherb line the verges between the road and the fields of barley.





And another shade of lilac is provided by cow vetch.



House martins are getting ready to migrate south for the winter.