Images on this blog have all been taken by me. Please e-mail me at pagus.soham@gmail.com if you wish to use any of them.

Follow this link to read about Pagus Soham and me.


Wednesday 11 July 2012

Hydrangeas and lilies

Hydrangeas are pink in alkaline, chalky soils and blue in acidic soils, just the opposite of litmus! They like a cool spot in the garden, sheltered from the midday summer sun. Ours have to make do with full sun, and can get a little burnt on a hot summer's day.



This delphinium is a few years old now, and is competing with a viburnum for space. The green viburnum berries set it off nicely, though.


I love miniature maples, and this one was damaged in a winter storm the year I bought it, destroying its symmetry. So now it lives up against a hedge.

These hardy lilies seem to thrive on neglect, and have been in the same pot for several years now.